Precision Equipment is hiring!
Updated: Aug 25
Manual Machinist Trainee
Precision Equipment Inc., a North Portland machine shop is seeking to hire a
Manual Machinist Trainee. We are a job shop with customers in the wood, steel
and paper industries, and the Department of Defense.
- Perform set ups and machining of close tolerance parts, both large and small.
- Able to read blueprints and understand basic concepts of GD&T.
- Able to use precision measuring equipment.
- Some experience with Lathes, Vertical Mills, Horizontal Mills, and other standard
machine shop equipment.
- Have your own basic tools.
Precision Equipment Inc. is seeking to hire an experienced Manual Machinist.
Candidates will have approximately 5 years of experience and demonstrate proficiency in the following areas:
- Perform set ups and machining of close tolerances parts, both large and small.
- Ability to read blue prints and understand basic concepts of GD&T.
- Must be able to use precision measuring equipment.
- Lathes, Vertical Mills, Horizontal Mills, and other standard machine shop equipment.
- Must have your own basic tools.
- CNC experience a plus.
This is a Dayshift position 6:00 AM – 2:30 PM at a union shop
Starting Trainee pay is $22.22 per hour (current Journeyman Machinist pay is
$29.63 per hour)
We offer an excellent benefit package with Medical, Dental, Vision and Pension.
We maintain a drug free workplace. Candidates must past a pre-employment
If interested, contact Bill Raynor 503-289-1145 between 6:00 AM and 2:30 PM
e-mail at email@example.com